Did the California Department of Motor Vehicles send you a vehicle renewal notice recently? Are you way past your deadline in renewing your vehicle’s registration? If your answer to both questions is a yes, then you might want to consider seeking the assistance of California DMV Online Vehicle Registration Renewal Service. You may either renew your registration by mail or in person.
What Exactly is Vehicle Registration Renewal in California?
The California DMV is sending out reminders to motorists to renew their registration before the expiration date. They usually send this out by mail. Vehicle owners in CA like you may renew their registrations via the website provided.
Just How To Revive Vehicle Registration In California?
What are the Requirements?
- You must understand your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for a vehicle or the Hull Identification Number (HIN) for a vessel or boat.
- You need to have Smog certification filed with DMV.
- You must have a renewal notice with your current address. In the event your address has changed, you must go to on-line Change of Address system to update your address.
- You are required to have a copy of your own vehicle insurance.
- For online renewal, you are required to have a valid credit/debit card or bank account.
Renew Vehicle Registration Online
- Go to the official California vehicle registration page (related link 1 below).
- Click Go To Step 1, input needed information related to your car or truck or vessel/boat.
- Confirm your record info and also make online payment. No additional fee will be charged for on-line registration renewal.
- Finally, you will receive confirmation of transaction online and get your own sticker within five business days by post.
Renew Vehicle Registration By Post
- Send the completed registration renewal form together with several other needed materials and proper payment to: California Department of Motor Vehicles P.O. Box 942869 Sacramento, CA 94269-0001
Renew Vehicle Registration In Person
- Go to your local DMV office in person, with your registration renewal form, other necessary materials and cash, check or credit / debit card to pay for registration fee.
- California DMV official website: