As a family practice provider, Byram Family Doctors is equipped to provide a wide-variety of family practice services from family and occupational medicine to diabetic education and training to X-Ray and ultrasound.
Byram Family Doctors is a unique medical practice that provides comprehensive family healthcare while maintaining a personal, small-office atmosphere. Your health and that of your family are our primary concerns. We take care of your family’s immediate medical needs, while placing a special emphasis on disease prevention, education, and the future optimal health and well-being of each and every patient.
To further our commitment to excellence, Byram Family Doctors is staffed by a board-certified family medicine physician as well as two nurse practitioners, highly-trained health care professionals recognized by the American Medical Association. Working in collaboration with a physician, a nurse practitioner provides high quality, cost-effective, and individualized care for the lifespan of patients’ special needs.
At Byram Family Doctors, your family will be cared for by an integrated team of physicians, nurses and medical office assistants. Should you require hospitalization, our physician is on the active medical staff of Central Mississippi Medical Center.
With many years of medical experience, our physician and nurse practitioner and staff are committed to delivering the finest in patient care where the ultimate objective is our patients’ maximum satisfaction.
Brent Meador, MD, is board-certified in Family Medicine by the American Board of Family Practice and board-certified in Addiction Medicine by the American Society of Addiction Medicine.
He earned his medical degree from the University of Mississippi Medical Center, followed by an internship in the Department of Family Medicine at UMMC and a residency in Family Practice. Dr. Meador was selected as Chief Resident UMMC and completed a Fellowship in Addiction Medicine while completing his medical education and training at UMMC.
Dr. Meador is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians, Mississippi State Medical Association, American Medical Association, Central Medical Society and Southern Medical Association.
Kelly Sosa, FNP-BC, is a board-certified family nurse practitioner. She earned master’s and bachelor’s degrees in nursing from Mississippi University for Women. She has experience in family medicine, emergency medicine and critical care. Sosa is a member of the Mississippi Nurses Association and American Academy of Critical Care Nurses.
Bethany Edwards, board–certified nurse practitioner, focuses on caring for patients with acute and chronic health conditions and providing education on wellness and disease prevention to patients and family members.
A resident of Raymond, Edwards is a graduate of Delta State University, where she earned a master’s degree in nursing with an emphasis on the family nurse practitioner track. She received a bachelor of science in nursing from DSU and an associate’s degree in nursing from Hinds Community College.
Services / Treatments
Our team of caregivers provides the very latest and most innovative methods for satisfactory medical outcomes. While some procedures are still done in the hospital setting, many can be performed in our clinic, thus providing our patients with a more familiar and comfortable setting.
- Family and Occupational Medicine
- Echo and Doppler Ultrasound
- Full Diagnostic Lab
- Diabetic Education Center
- Free Diabetic Training to the Public
- Free Community Education Seminars offered to the public on the last Thursday of each month at 6 p.m.
- Weight Management (includes counseling and medical oversight of diet and medicine)
Byram Family Doctors is currently accepting new patients. We accept Medicare, Medicaid and most commercial insurance plans.
As primary care givers, we are happy to have you as a patient in our Byram, MS office. The following is information regarding our clinic policies we hope will be helpful to you. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at the number listed above.
Our office is open from 7:30 a.m. – 4.30 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
- Payment is expected at the time of visit. This includes co-pay amounts, deductibles and Medicare with no supplement. If you are a self pay patient, you are expected to pay $100 prior to being seen.
- If you are unable to make your appointment, please call, cancel or reschedule your appointment 24 hours in advance.
- If you are making a wellness, physical or medication refill appointment, please do not eat or drink anything after midnight, with the exception of water, black coffee or “diet” coke.
- If you have a family member that is sick and they come with you to the doctor, please let the staff up front know that you would like for that family member to also be seen, if at all possible. Do not wait until you get into the exam room to let the nurse or physician know that your family member is also sick and needs to be seen. It is not fair to the patients that have scheduled appointments to have to wait because your appointment turned into two appointments instead of one.
Normal test results will be mailed to you. You will be notified by phone of any abnormal result and or further treatment plans. This includes lab and imagining results. We ask you to give us up to five working days to get you those results. Of course, anything critical will be called to you immediately.
PRESCRIPTION REFILLS: (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS WE HAVE MADE SEVERAL CHANGES)
- NO controlled substance will be refilled on Friday.
- Due to the high volume of calls and our desire to focus on the care of our patients in and out of the office, we are asking you to contact your pharmacy if you are in need of a prescription refill. They will then fax us a request. (DO NOT CALL THE OFFICE). Please allow the pharmacy 48 hours to fill your prescription. Therefore, you do not need to wait until you are out of your medication before contacting the pharmacy. If the pharmacy denies your refill and you have not been seen in the office in the last 90 days, you will need to make an appointment to be reassessed.
- Byram Family Doctors will no longer write prescriptions for any controlled substance for more than 30 days. Several insurance companies have started denying prescriptions for more than 30 days and require that you be seen back in the office prior to writing a new prescription. Therefore, it will be necessary for you to make an appointment each time you need your medication refilled. You will be required to make an appointment and have lab work every 90 days. Please do not wait until you are out of your medication before calling to make an appointment. It will be your responsibility to call in advance to ensure that you can be seen before you run out of the medication. We will not be able to refill you prescription early for any reason. We want you to understand that it is important that you as a patient and we as physicians have to abide by the rules and regulations set forth for us. If we find that you are not willing to comply with these guidelines then we will not continue to write controlled substance prescriptions for you.
OTHER NURSE MESSAGES:
Our nurses’ primary focus in the office each day is taking care of our patients being seen that day. Therefore, we are asking you not to leave repeated messages on their voicemails. It is our goal to return all phone calls prior to leaving for the day; however, that is not always possible and we need you to understand that it may be 24-48 hours before you will be called back. If your call is of an urgent nature, please do not leave the message on the nurses’ voicemail, instead call the front desk and ask them to get a message to the nurse (only for urgent messages). While leaving messages, please make sure you leave your full legal name and date of birth.
As always, we are happy to file your insurance claims for your visits to the office. If you need other insurance forms (FMLA, disability, etc.) filled out, we ask for your patience. We realize that these are important to you however, due to the volume of request; we will need 7 to 10 days to complete these forms. We also ask you to fill out all the patient information prior to dropping forms off.
WORK OR SCHOOL EXCUSES:
Please do not ask us to give you an excuse for days prior to coming into the office. Also, if you require more days off than what the excuse was originally written for, do not call back and ask us to extend the number of days without being seen back in the office to be reevaluated.