Before trying to log in to AKO/DKO using your CAC, please make sure your CAC is registered with your AKO/DKO account. See the Register a new CAC page for instructions on how to register your CAC with the AKO/DKO portal.
How To Login to AKO/DKO with your CAC:
- Go to https://www.us.army.mil
- Click the ‘CAC Login’ button.
- Select your ID certificate, if requested. This can be identified by your CAC username: LAST.FIRST.MI.XXXXXXXXXX where the X’s represent your CAC’s EDIPI. To learn more about EDIPI, see the What is EDIPI page. If you see multiple certificates listed with your name, see the page for how to clear your old certificates.
- Click ‘OK’.
- Enter your CAC PIN. If you have already logged in to your local computer using your CAC and PIN, AKO/DKO may not require any of this information, as it would be stored locally by your CAC authentication software.
- The system will validate your ID certificate and log you into the AKO/DKO portal.
How do I find out if I am CAC Logged In?
To make sure you have performed a CAC login, look at the login message in the upper left-hand corner of your browser tool bar. If you are CAC logged in, it will read “Army Knowledge Online [Your AKO/DKO Username] (CAC Session)”.
If you have been issued a new CAC, you will need to register your new CAC with AKO/DKO before you are able to log in with it. See the CAC Registration page for instructions on how to register your newly-issued CAC. If you do not already have one, you will need a CAC card reader.
If you would you like to watch a video on how to register your CAC. (You will need to open the video in an Internet Explorer browser and have Adobe Flash Player Version 7 enabled to view this video.)