I am sharing with you information on how to increase your Facebook engagement without paying for ads.
FIRST STEP: UNDERSTAND HOW FACEBOOK ENGAGEMENT REALLY WORKS.
So how does Facebook define engagement? In simple terms, Facebook engagement happens whenever your fans:
- LIKE your post
- COMMENT on your post
- SHARE your post, or
- CLICK a link in your post
SECOND STEP: PLAN.
While getting your fans to engage on Facebook is extremely important for organic reach, I believe creating a Facebook content & marketing strategy is equally important. And the best way to start with this is by creating an editorial calendar. Your editorial calendar doesn’t have to be anything complicated, a simple shared Google spreadsheet will do.
To get the planning started consider these key elements:
- Your fans – Who are they? What are they looking for? How can you help them?
- Your content – Generally, share content that your fans can resonate with. Vary content type from text updates, images, videos and links to relevant articles.
- Your voice – This should be consistent with your business or brand. For me, I like to write posts that sounds like Im having a chat over coffee with a friend. Be helpful. Create a standard turn-around time to reply to fans comments within 12 hours is preferred.
- Your words – Write posts that are compelling and invoke strong emotion at least strong enough for your fans to follow your call-to-action. Also snackable and straight to the point posts are most likely to have more engagement.
You now know the basics but don’t stop there. Be open to other ideas on how to increase your engagement with your fans. Here are other things you can do:
- Run a contest.
- Spotlight a fan.
- Host Facebook Fan Page Friday.
- Tag other pages when you mention them in your posts
- Ask close-ended questions.
- Ask your fans to vote.
- Repurpose content that you already have.
- Repost top performing posts you shared previously
- Host a Live Q and A hour.
- Post updates about trending events.
THIRD STEP: MAXIMIZE PAGE INSIGHTS.
Here are the key things that you should consider:
- Know when your fans are online and post updates whenever your fans are online simple, right?
- Post updates 2-3 times a day. If you don’t you will definitely miss out.
- Monitor which posts created most engagement. Do this more often and fewer of the things that don’t get engagement.
FOURTH STEP: PROMOTE OUTSIDE OF FACEBOOK
Increasing engagement on Facebook doesn’t mean you can’t promote your posts outside Facebook.
- Add a link to your Facebook page in your email signature.
- Encourage people in your email list to like your page and comment in your posts
- Tweet your posts
- Pin image posts on Pinterest
- Embed top performing updates in your blog
Now, what are you waiting for? Use these tips to generate more engagement in your Facebook page! I would love to hear which of these tips worked for you.
What other tips do you have for increasing reach and engagement for your Facebook page?
Leave me a comment in the comments section below and let me know what tips youre using on your page that are working! Id love to hear from you!