I recently shared with you The 5 Step Guide to a Successful Facebook Ad Campaign which discussed the importance of tracking the success of your ad campaign. In this blog post, I will share with you the importance of tracking the conversions from your Facebook ad campaigns and how you can do it using conversion pixel.
WHAT IS CONVERSION TRACKING AND HOW WILL IT HELP YOU?
Conversion tracking helps you measure the return on investment of your Facebook Ads by reporting on the actions people take after your ads are served. These actions are checkouts, registrations, leads, key page views, adds to cart and other website conversions.
WHAT IS CONVERSION PIXEL?
HOW DO YOU SET UP CONVERSION PIXEL ON YOUR WEBSITE?
You can create a conversion-tracking pixel by going to the Ads Manager, ad create tool or Power Editor.
From Ads Manager:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/ads/manage/home/
- Click Conversion Tracking on the left-hand side of the navigation.
- Click the green Create Pixel button.
- Enter a name for your pixel and select one of the following categories: Checkouts, Registrations, Leads, Key Page Views, Adds to Cart or Other Website Conversions then, click Create Pixel.
- Copy the code thats displayed.
- Add the pixel to your website. To do that, copy the code and paste it between <head> and </head> in the webpage where you want to track conversions. If you are not the techie type, you can ask your website developer to do this for you or if you are using WordPress, you can search for plug-ins like Facebook Pixel Conversions for WordPress.
From the ads create tool:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/ads/create/
- Select Website Conversions as your objective
- Click on the + sign after entering your website URL
- Select one of the following categories for the type of conversion you want to measure: Checkouts, Registrations, Leads, Key Web Page Views, Adds to Cart or Other Web Conversions
- Enter a name for your conversion pixel, then click Create Pixel and copy the code thats displayed
- Add the pixel to your website
From Power Editor:
- Click Ad Tools at the top right-hand side and select Conversion Tracking
- Youll be taken to the Ads Manager.
- Follow the same steps from Ads Manager to set up the pixel.
Once youve placed the tracking code on your website, you can start to create ads and measure conversion rate. Continue your ads that give good results and improve those ads that don’t perform well.
How are your Facebook ads performing? Leave a comment below and let me know if you have been able to setup your conversion tracking code or have any questions!!